Update to TECHTAV1 Macro Suite

Subject: Update to TECHTAV1 Macro Suite
From: Rebecca Rachmany <purple -at- NETMEDIA -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 11:49:44 +0300

Hello Tech-Whirlers:

We have recently updated the TechTav1 Macro Suite. It is available for
download at http://tech-tav.com/Templates.htm.

The TECH-TAV macro suite is used world-wide to replace features and
automate work in Word for Windows 6/7/'97. It completely replaces the
Master Document, AutoNumbering, AutoHeadingNumbering, Insert Captions, and
Insert Cross-Reference features. Because files are closed when not being
edited, the TECH-TAV replacement for Master Documents does not cause
resource or file-handle problems and does not corrupt documents.

In this version, the following improvements were made:

* It is no longer necessary to worry about the default directory before
performing an operation across files. The default directory is
automatically set to the correct directory during macro execution.

* The Reset Directory button sets the Default Directory to the directory
of the active documents.

* Because of severe limitations in Word '97's Automatic Numbering features
(they are buggy and dependent on registry settings on each machine), we
have improved the Automatic Numbering features of the techtav1 template.
These features are described in the documentation under the # button.

* We fixed a bug which incorrectly added the chapter number to a
cross-reference to a figure in another file.

* We have rewritten Write Headers and Footers so that the headers and
footers produced are not dependent on the template being available. They
will now also work without the document template or techtav1.dot being
available. We have added the Update Doc Properties macro to make it easier
to work with Write Headers and Footers.

We have tested the macro suite both under Word 6 and Word '97 (I don't have
Word 7) and found everything to be working as designed. If you nonetheless
encounter problems, please let us know.

The self-extracting zip file contains the techtav1 template (.DOT)
and the documentation (.DOC). Please read the documentation to get the
maximum benefit.

We are planning an upcoming version which will resolve some of the issues
encountered in Word 97. Please contact us if you have any suggestions of
features you would like to see included in future updates.

Rebecca Rachmany
General Manager
TECH-TAV technical and end-user documentation
P.O. Box 2419, Tel Aviv 61024
purple -at- netmedia -dot- net -dot- il
http://www.tech-tav.com