New term for Techwriters?

Subject: New term for Techwriters?
From: "Michael Hood; SET TECHWR-L NOMAIL" <hoodmp -at- RAPISTAN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 15:32:55 -0400

I know of one company in the West Michigan area that uses the term
"Technical Explainer". Seems to be a rather apt description when you give
it a little thought, though I confess it took some time for the idea to gel
with me. "Information Developer" also works but seems to be a fairly broad
term -almost as broad as "Technical Writer". In either case, to the
unknowing person asking the question "What do you do?", we will end up
explaining at least the generalities of our profession.

Michael