Re: Tricky Interview Questions

Subject: Re: Tricky Interview Questions
From: SteveFJong <SteveFJong -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 15:00:35 EDT

This thread on interview questions is, to me, at once fascinating,
frightening, and frustrating. (I'm STILL trying to figure out the "right"
answer to the cannonball question, but my "nerd" answer is "twenty
minutes"...)

I think asking a group of candidates the same set of questions, at least to
start, is a fair way to go. there are lots of good ones floating around.

I will see your Hyman Rickover interview and raise you. From Reader's Digest
(and presumably true), paraphrased: A woman who had raised a child wanted to
rejoin the workforce. She nervously interviewed at a restaurant, and the
interviewer's first question was "You've spent a lot of time with your
children, haven't you?"

"Why yes, I have," she replied. "How did you know?"

"Well, the man replied, "you're cutting my meat for me."

[OK, this question probably isn't legal any more, but I think it's funny!]

-- Steve

Steven Jong, Documentation Team Manager ("Typo? What tpyo?")
Lightbridge, Inc, 67 South Bedford St., Burlington, MA 01803 USA
mailto:jong -at- lightbridge -dot- com -dot- nospam 781.359.4902 [voice]
Home Sweet Homepage: http://members.aol.com/SteveFJong