MS Office "Binder" command

Subject: MS Office "Binder" command
From: SteveFJong <SteveFJong -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 14:49:36 EDT

We have used Binder to create a single PostScript file of our Word documents.
Having one file is much more convenient that having one file per chapter, and
yet safer than using the master document feature 8^)

Binder seems to be a little-used, underdocumented, and underdeveloped piece of
Microsoft Office, but it serves a useful purpose. Due to our use of Word, we
need to have all the chapters loaded and open simultaneously, and there are
some definite quirks, but we have successfully bound 350-page, screenshot-
intensive documents with heavy cross-referencing and other field usage into
single .PS files.

It's no substitute for FrameMaker, mind you, but it does work.

-- Steve

Steven Jong, Documentation Team Manager ("Typo? What tpyo?")
Lightbridge, Inc, 67 South Bedford St., Burlington, MA 01803 USA
mailto:jong -at- lightbridge -dot- com -dot- nospam 781.359.4902 [voice]
Home Sweet Homepage: http://members.aol.com/SteveFJong