Word-McAfee Conflict

Subject: Word-McAfee Conflict
From: Amy Janczy <janczy -at- GILSON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 00:06:00 GM

If Word 97 keeps crashing when you try to save or print, seems to
save a file (file size is reasonable), but then has nothing or just a
few lines of gobblegook when you open it, you might have a problem
with McAfee Virus Scan.

By uninstalling McAfee, we've eliminated the problem on several
systems. McAfee is also suspect in causing conflicts with
company-produced software that resulted in removing all my network
connections.

McAfee is supposed to be releasing a new version soon that solves
this problem; a patch is available now (we haven't tried it yet).