Re: ISO 9001 - Document control

Subject: Re: ISO 9001 - Document control
From: Smokey Lynne L Bare <slbare -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 09:27:35 -0400

Ann,

May I recommend wto pieces of information for your review. First, in the
ISO process you are either 'Registered' or 'Compliant'. There is 'NO'
certification. Second, Ralph Robinson should have a list of several
sources for software which can complement the ISO processes. I know he
heads several committees on the subject. There is a firm here in Ohio,
Cincinnati I believe, which produces a product as you described. Ralph
can be reached at [ r2Innovations -at- myna -dot- com ]. Hope this helps...but if
you are going to be writing ISO specs, it is very important to first
understand what ISO is about in regard to what your own company needs to
document.

SLBare, C.T.C.
Am. Tech. Review Editor for
'Documenting ISO 9000: Guidelines for Compliant Documentation'