Re: Interview Questions (deliberately veering from techie vsnon-techie...) -Reply

Subject: Re: Interview Questions (deliberately veering from techie vsnon-techie...) -Reply
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- ROCKETMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 06:45:04 -0700

I was thinking of some good interview questions as well. When I was
the interviewee, I could have programmed my responses - as every
company asked the same boring, non-revealing questions. "What do you
feel you could contribute..." and "Why the interest in us?" were among
the many cut-and-dry questions.

I personally like to take a relaxed approach to the interview process.
Many applicants are usually very nervous, so I like to steer off the
professional "why we are here" track and really get into their heads.
What do they like, what background do they come from (NOT
professional), and especially "Where do you see yourself in 30 years".
I really like this one... it makes them think. The best response I
have received had to be "retired and relaxing" (can't remember the
hobbies explained but it really gave me an idea as to what this person
was all about). Unfortunately this particular person took another
offer. :(

===
Bill Swallow
bill_swallow -at- rocketmail -dot- com