the disease is spreading

Subject: the disease is spreading
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- ROCKETMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 09:35:57 -0700

Now it's reached other listservs!

IMHO, Technical Communicator is a more relevant
term. Many on this list and elsewhere cut their
teeth in technical communications in the 70s and
80s, and witnessed our transformation from
"Technical Writers" to "Desktop Publishers" to
"Online Developers" to "Information Developers"
and so on.

I guess tech writers all over are having an identity crisis! I guess
we'll never really decide on a specific name/role, and for that I am
very happy, because I like the diversity of projects that comes with
my chosen profession. I'm happy with "Technical Writer", "Tech
Communicator", or even "The Guy Who Knows Stuff About Stuff". Doesn't
matter, as long as I can explain what I do and get work rolling in.
So let's all just be happy in who we are and what we do, and not be
"Technical Whiners".

===
Bill Swallow
bill_swallow -at- rocketmail -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/4353
ICQ: 10814849
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
-- Albert Einstein