Documentation for Financial Software

Subject: Documentation for Financial Software
From: Cornela King <cornela -dot- s -dot- king -at- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 10:07:07 -0500

To those of you who write documentation for financial software ...

When do you document the calculations that are going on behind the scenes?

In my case, the users are internal financial planners, accountants, subject
matter experts. They tend to be on the anal side when it comes to numbers.

On the other hand, my product sponsor balks at the idea of providing all
the calcs (basically, the code) for the users.

Any advice?

Please copy me in directly on your responses. I get the digest version of
this list.

Thank you,
Cornela King