Graphic Images Appear Distorted in Help Files

Subject: Graphic Images Appear Distorted in Help Files
From: Andrea Ridgley <ridgley -at- OMTOOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 10:09:00 -0400

Hello All,

I am having problems displaying graphics in my help file (I'm using
RoboHelp). I do not have graphic software. I capture my screen shots
by using the Alt + Print screen keys. I then paste the image into
Paint, copy it, and paste the graphic into my document (this enables me
to insert the graphic using less disk space). My next step is to resize
the graphic. The result is a smaller graphic image that appears
distorted online, but looks fine when printed.

Is there a way I can shrink a graphic image without losing the
resolution, or should I look into graphic software packages? Which
graphic package would be best for capturing and resizing screen shots?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Andrea Ridgley
ridgley -at- omtool -dot- com