Re: Q:Word to PM

Subject: Re: Q:Word to PM
From: Ian Ferguson <IanFe -at- ATTACHMATE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 12:49:41 -0700

Amy,

It seems to me like placing a DOC file into PM 6.52 should go smoothly.
The first thing I would do would be to make sure you've got 6.52. If
not, download the free upgrade here (I'm assuming you're using Windows
because you've got a Word 97 file):
http://www.adobe.com/supportservice/custsupport/LIBRARY/3c7e.htm

Then, make sure you have the latest Word 97 import filter installed. You
can get it here:
http://www.adobe.com/supportservice/custsupport/LIBRARY/4d96.htm

As for PM not launching. Given the info in your post, that sounds very
odd. First, make sure you're launching from the .exe, and not from a
document. If the .exe won't launch, try renaming the pm65.cnf file to
pm65cnf.old. If it still won't launch, I'd reinstall the application.
Make sure to disable your virus protection, and any MS Office startup
items before you install.

Ian Ferguson
Technical Writer, Attachmate Corp.
ianfe -at- attachmate -dot- com