Re: web authoring tools

Subject: Re: web authoring tools
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:25:22 -0400

I've used Hot Dog, MS Frontpage, HoTMetaL Pro, Adobe PageMill, and
Notepad (actually did my first large corporate site using Notepad). Hot
Dog and Frontpage are good, but I can't remember if they let you edit
the HTML code. Frontpage also has a fairly steep learning curve.
HoTMetaL Pro is a pain to use (uses "tags" to indicate HTML codes) and I
gave up on it and settled on PageMill. It has a few aggravating features
also, but it does let you view and edit the HTML code directly. In fact,
in versions prior to 3.0, that's the only way you can specify a
particular typeface.

Hope this helps.

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Sr. Technical Writer