Re: Lurker wants opinions...

Subject: Re: Lurker wants opinions...
From: Iain Harrison <iharriso -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 09:30:54 GMT

John Prince wrote:

As great as the TW archives are, I could not find a thread regarding
this question.

I'll make it short and sweet:

"This page intentionally left blank" yes or no?

In other words, do you guys use the above verbage or do you simply
leave
the page(s) blank.

I used to do the latter ... but for some reason I'm liking the former
better.
<<

If you write
"This page intentionally left blank"
on the page, it isn't blank, is it?

A better solution would be to write
"This page intentionally left almost blank"
but in my view this is just as stupid.

If the reader sees a completely blank side of paper, that could be an
indication that something went wrong with the printing process, but as
long as the 'blank' pages have headers and footers, that is clearly
not the case, so why add the text? It is unnecessary, imparts no
information, and is an additional maintenance overhead.

Iain Harrison
TechComm listowner

TechComm - the discussion list for technical writers where there's
room for chat

http://www.hairydog.clara.net/techcomm.html