Re: Propriety: New Twist on Professionalism & Secretaries Day

Subject: Re: Propriety: New Twist on Professionalism & Secretaries Day
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 12:53:24 -0700

> The
> 'president' of our small company is adamant against males and females
> traveling together (large group going to same site, only one female;
> getting a ride to the airport with colleague, etc.) even for a working
> lunch.

This is the silliest, sexist, most unprofessional nonsense I have ever
heard.

In the company I work for there are no "male" or "female" employees; only
employees.

If we condone segregation of employees by gender, what is next: Disallowing
employees of mixed races or religions from traveling together?

This is the kind of hooey that went on in the not so long ago past where the
male salespeople would take clients to male only clubs and strip bars. This
forced the female salespeople out of the scope of business.

Phyllis, if this is what really goes on where you work, I do not believe
that the 'President' takes his workforce very seriously.

Or maybe he has paid out on a few too many sexual harassment lawsuits.
(Even one sexual harassment lawsuit is too many!)

IMNSHO

Barry