secretary's day

Subject: secretary's day
From: Melissa Alton <maalton -at- UNITY -dot- NCSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:34:31 -0400

Hello all fellow tech writers.

I have a workplace dilemma. Today is secretary's day. Not something i
would usually care about because I dont have a secretary. But this year
I care about it because when I got to work there was a card on my desk
thanking me for my good work as a SECRETARY! (i've been with this
company for 4 months)

While its nice to be appreciated, its not nice to be considered a
secretary when you have a BA from a prestigious university and are
working on your MS in tech comm. AND do not perform secretarial duties.
I should also mention that I don't get a secretary's salary...nor do I
have a secretarial title.

Frankly I am highly insulted. I feel like issuing a statement explaining
that while I appreciate the card and being appreciated, I am not a secretary.
WHat do you guys think? Should I just forget it or voice my opinion?