Re: Do Technical Writers Deserve Their Own Office?

Subject: Re: Do Technical Writers Deserve Their Own Office?
From: David Somers <somersd -at- NATLAB -dot- RESEARCH -dot- PHILIPS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 16:58:53 +0200

Tracy Boyington wrote:
> I don't think you'll be able to justify this. I don't see why writers
> need quiet any more than developers. I'm not saying you don't need an
> office, I just don't understand why you need it more than developers.

From my experience developers on average are a more 'noisy' breed than
authors.

I guess I've been lucky because at most sites I've been either in an
office shared with 1 or 2 other authors, or in a small open plan area
with 10 or so other people and lots of partitions to reduce noise from
colleagues working. Such are the joys of working in Europe.

Greetings from The Netherlands,

David Somers
Philips Research Laboratories [Mailstop WAY 3.34],
Prof. Holstlaan 4, 5656 AA Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-40-2743878; Email: somersd -at- natlab -dot- research -dot- philips -dot- com