Fwd: Re: Getting Into Computer Game Book Writing

Subject: Fwd: Re: Getting Into Computer Game Book Writing
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- CYBERPASS -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 23:48:46 -0700

> This probably isn't the correct forum to ask in, but where would one
> go to get information about writing computer game books?

My book Inside BASIC Games has been out of print for 15 years, but
I had a lot of fun writing it.

If designing games appeals to you, look at The Art of Computer Game
Design -- Reflections of a Master Game Designer by Chris Crawford
(Osborne/McGraw Hill, 1984).

If you want to write about strategy, you need to be part of the
community of players. I suppose there are Myst mailing lists and
newsgroups, for example, where people exchange tidbits of information
that could become the basis of a book.

I'm sure things have changed since the days when I had any first-hand
knowledge, but I suspect it's like anything else. Do what you love,
and the money will follow. ...RM

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net>
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Berkeley, CA

(C) Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.