Re: text conventions

Subject: Re: text conventions
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- CYBERPASS -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 10:38:16 -0700

>It is not necessary to list a dimension to five significant digits,
>e.g., 210.98 mm wide. this number should be rounded up to 211 mm.

Don't use more precision for physical measurements than:

* Are significant for the application.

* Can be achieved with the available tools.*

Whether this is three, five, or any other number of significant digits depends on the situation. ...RM

*See, I'm not totally against the passive voice.

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net>
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Berkeley, CA

(C) Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.