Wanted: resource for Word 97 problems

Subject: Wanted: resource for Word 97 problems
From: Randy Paske <randyp -at- LDSINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 17:10:18 -0500

I'm looking for a good summary of problems with Word 97. I'd
specifically like to know of any difficulties converting documents
from Word for Windows 95 (version 7.0a). I've checked this list's
archives, the web, and DejaNews, but though I've seen problems
galore, I've not found any real summaries. Perhaps I'm just not
entering the right search terms.

We need to use Office 97 to run a new application, but I'm afraid
of converting our old Word docs to Word 97. We've also been
considering switching to FrameMaker (last I knew) and I wonder
about any compatibility issues there. And then there's RoboHelp,
as well.

I'm not really asking for individual stories, though I'd welcome
them. Mostly I'd like to know if anyone can point me to a focused
resource about conversion issues among Word 97, other versions
of Word, and other programs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Randy Paske
randyp -at- ldsinc -dot- com