Re: What's a good book for Word?

Subject: Re: What's a good book for Word?
From: Matthew Bin <mattbin -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:40:50 PST

>Subject: What's a good book for Word?
>
>I do my documentation in FrameMaker, but the company standard is Word,
>so there are some things I have to do in Word. I run into all sorts of
>problems - pagination, tables - and I don't have a good manual. Can
>anyone suggest a good third-party manual?

I recently read _Word 97 Annoyances_ by Woody Leonhard, Lee Hudspeth and
T.J. Lee. Published by O'Reilly & Associates. I like the Annoyances
series of books, and this one will make a user who is merely competent
with Word into a real power user.

Caveat: it is not a comprehensive reference, and it is not for
beginners. It is for those who have at least a pretty good knowledge of
Word.

Also, I'm not sure about the clarity of the whole thing. I found the
VBA chapters very helpful, but I think they would have been really tough
if I hadn't already messed around a fair amount with VB.

Matthew Bin
Technical Writer
NeoDyne Consulting, Ltd.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada