Good books

Subject: Good books
From: Elizabeth Edgington <edgi3023 -at- EXACT -dot- NL>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:41:40 +0100

I've just started writing for a financial accounting software company in
the Netherlands.

The department has very few reference books or general technical writing
textbooks. I've been asked to put together a list of books we should buy
and wondered if you have any recommendations? I would particularly
welcome your opinions about which is:

* The best general (American) English language dictionary
* The most useful technical writing textbook/handbook

Perhaps anyone with suggestions could email me directly unless you've
got a point to make which everyone would benefit from.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Elizabeth Edgington
Manuals and translations
Exact Software