Web sources in bibliography

Subject: Web sources in bibliography
From: Susan Kocher <sukoch -at- CATHER -dot- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 22:01:54 GMT

Hi all,

I did a couple of archive searches to this question, which I am certain
must have been discussed here numerous times, but have been unsuccessful
in finding an answer. My question is:

How do we document a paper, article, or other source
of information taken from the web, especially when the information is
available ONLY on the web? What format do we follow for the bibliography?
For in-text references?

Since URLs change frequently, how do we maintain high standards for
documenting sources of info as more and more people publish on the
internet?

Thanks,

Sue