Re: Table Heading Problem

Subject: Re: Table Heading Problem
From: "Bergerson, Carl A" <Carl -dot- Bergerson -at- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 07:05:25 -0800

Susan,

1. Insert a section break that starts on the next page.

2. Insert the sub-heading that you want continued.

3. Insert one or two manual page breaks depending whether you have
different odd and even headers.

4. Insert another section break that starts on the next page. You now
have four new pages and your insertion point is on the last of them.

5. View, Headers and break the "link to previous" in the header.

6. Navigate to the header of the page where you inserted the subheading.

6.a. On File, Page setup select Different First and Apply To this
section only.

7. Break the "link to previous" in the header.

8. Go to the header of the next page.

9. Break the "link to previous" in the header.

10. Add a new paragraph at the bottom of the header with enough leading
(space before) to make it align with the subheading on the previous
page.

11. In the new paragraph insert a style reference field citing the style
of the subject subheading and add the word continued. For example, {
styleref "Heading 3" } (continued), where { and } are the filed code
delimiters.

12. If you are using different odd and even headers, repeat steps 8
through 11 for the next page.

13. Remove the two manual page breaks, but be sure to leave the section
breaks.

Oops, I forgot something... adding steps, 6.a.

There may be some additional adjustments necessary.

Hope this helps.

Carl Bergerson
Mission Viejo
Product Information
carl -dot- bergerson -at- unisys -dot- com