Re: Graphics in a MS Word Style?

Subject: Re: Graphics in a MS Word Style?
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:37:55 -0600

In our previous episode, KevinX Feeman said:

> Does anyone know if it possible to add a graphic into a style in
> Microsoft word. For example: I want to put a hand symbol depicting
> caution in a caution style tag. Any ideas?

If you can find (or create) a font that has the graphic you want, you
can create a style that has the graphic as a bullet character. I've
also created macros that used a particular character as a drop cap, so
as not to affect the line spacing.

As far as I know, there's no way to take an existing graphic that's
not part of a font and make it part of a style. It's easy enough to
create a macro that imposes the style and inserts the graphic, though.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"If I ran England like they run that kitchen
You'd half expect somebody to usurp it
I am the King now, and I want a sandwich.
I wonder where my brother Richard is." -- John M. Ford