Re: Question: Newsgroup for Help with MicroSoft Word?

Subject: Re: Question: Newsgroup for Help with MicroSoft Word?
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 17:01:52 -0600

In our previous episode, Jennifer Zilliac said:
> One of my coworkers is having a major Word problem, and she has
> a 5:00 pm (PST) deadline. I don't know Word very well -- I use
> FrameMaker. Is there somewhere we can turn for help with
> MicroSoft Word?

My recommendation is for her to call Word technical support ((206)
462-9673), and keep at the person at the other end until she gets some
useful help. If the person she's initially connected to can't help,
have her ask for a Level 2 engineer.

It may not help, but that's really the best advice I can offer on a
shorthand basis.

Oh -- except that if she really thinks it's a macro problem, have her
delete or rename her NORMAL.DOT file when Word is closed, then try
again.

Good luck!

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"If I ran England like they run that kitchen
You'd half expect somebody to usurp it
I am the King now, and I want a sandwich.
I wonder where my brother Richard is." -- John M. Ford