HTML and applications

Subject: HTML and applications
From: Tom Herme <hermet -at- DNINEVADA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 14:56:46 -0800

Fellow Techwhirlers:

Please forgive if this is overly obvious to some of you, but for some
time now I have been trying to undertstand the HTML and HTML help
flavors that are available. Unless I'm missing something here, I don't
follow how HTML-type help replaces Winhelp in applications. Does the
application's Help button/F1 key/Help Topics menu action fire the user's
browser into the appropriate HTML file?

Also, since future versions of Windows appear to be going to a browser
interface, does Microsoft's statement that they will continue to support
Winhelp really make sense? Will people actually still build Winhelp
systems?

I'd appreciate hearing from the experienced perspective of those of you
who may have a clearer crystal ball than I. Respond via the list or to
me personally if you don't mind followup questions from me.

Thanks.

--
Tom Herme

DNI Nevada Incorporated
2000 Arrowhead Drive
Carson City, NV 89706-0403

Tel: 702.883.3400, Ext 231
Fax: 702.883.9541

mailto://hermet -at- DNINevada -dot- com