Re: black box

Subject: Re: black box
From: Holly Turner <hturner -at- ISS -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 14:01:35 -0500

In our printed documentation, we are considering using tabs to denote one chapter from the next chapter. One of the members of our team wants to use a a black square placed on the edge of the paper with the number of the chapter in white text.

I have heard that a black square, or box, is a symbol for death in some countries.

Sorry for not being more specific the first time.

Holly Turner
Technical Writer
Internet Security Systems
Atlanta, GA

PS I did not purposefully attach any file to this e-mail or the first e-mail I sent to TECHWR-L. It must be my e-mail system??