STC Chapter Presidents

Subject: STC Chapter Presidents
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 13:46:13 -0500

It was brought to my attention recently that of the prior four or five
presidents of our local STC chapter, none of them are still even regularly
attending meetings. One has dropped out of sight, one has gone into another
line of work, two others have heavily busy schedules, and yet another has
moved out of state. In fact, of the past twelve presidents, only one comes
today even fitfully. I'm president this year and one of the members was
mentioning that it was almost time for me to pull a disappearing act myself
at the end of this term.

We're a medium-sized chapter of about 120 individuals, so our experience
may not be typical. But I was curious; for those of you who are members of
STC and attend local meetings regularly, is this a usual experience? Our
chapter has pretty high turnover, especially in the group that regularly
attends. Is the "presidential vanishing act" usual, or is it just a
manifestation of the general trend of rapid membership change?

Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice) 317.899.5987 (fax)
FrameMaker support ForeHelp support