Re: On-Line & Manuals

Subject: Re: On-Line & Manuals
From: Karen Kay <karen -at- WORDWRITE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 20:14:56 -0800

Sheila Marshall said:
> I really would like to develop on-line help differently but with only two
> writers it's inefficient and virtually impossible to do so.

My company produces only online documentation--but it is printable by
the user. I really like this system a LOT, even though the first few
releases have been touch-and-go. One of the requirements of producing
our documentation this way is educating the developers about our
processes. I tell them that we're no longer producing hardcopy, we're
producing software just like they are, except our software has to be
finished *earlier* than theirs, because it gets folded into theirs to
produce the final CD image. They kind of blink and say "Oh!", but they
get the point.

Karen
karen -at- wordwrite -dot- com