Using functional specifications as help

Subject: Using functional specifications as help
From: Barbara Holcombe <bholcombe1 -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 08:14:37 -0700

Hello everyone,
I searched the archives for this one, but there were 220 topics to look
at so I thought I'd send my question to Techwr-l.

Our company develops broadcasting software and I write the online help
for the software. There has been some debate at our company as to whether
or not our clients can use functional specifications to help them use our
software. I guess this would be a replacement for the online help we are
currently writing. My feeling is that functional specs are too technical
for clients and they do not tell the clients how to do the things they
need to do. I was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience
with this.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

B. Holcombe