System documents for developers

Subject: System documents for developers
From: "Allyson C. Harris" <aharris -at- ROCKTENN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:45:27 -0500

Suzy Davis posted an excellent document last week on the content of
functional specification documents, for both end users and developers.

I've been assigned the task of writing system documentation on an existing
manufacturing system for our IS staff and I'm wondering what types of
content others have seen or included in system documentation for
developers? Do you flow charts? How detailed is the textual content?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! My audience has been the
end user so this is new territory for me...