Re: FrameMaker question

Subject: Re: FrameMaker question
From: Keith Soltys <ksoltys -at- DJTTD -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 18:49:44 GMT

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 09:51:39 -0600, Jami Peterson
<Jami_Peterson/Corp/IGF -at- IGFINSURANCE -dot- COM> wrote:

>Ok, forgive my newbie question... I am a new member to this list and have a
>FrameMaker question. Currently we are using Word 7.0 to create our manuals,
>which range in length from 20 pages to 450 pages. Not surprisingly, we are
>having some pretty serious problems with Word. We are probably going to
>switch to FrameMaker.
>
>I know most of the advantages of FM, but what are the drawbacks and
>problems with it -- promo materials don't state these : ). Any help would
>be GREATLY appreciated...
>
>Jami

Based on my experience starting to use FrameMaker after working with
MS Word for many years, I've written an article that describes my
reactions and makes some comparisons between FrameMaker and Word.

The article is called "A Word user's perspective on FrameMaker" and
it's on my Web site at
http://www.interlog.com/~ksoltys/coredump/WordFrame.html

Regards
Keith