re-how many TWs, etc.

Subject: re-how many TWs, etc.
From: Shlomo Ramon <ramsol -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:14:54 +0200

Just wondering: why would anyone want to know how many TWs are in the
world. except perhaps for marketing purposes. Here is my contribution,
because of Friday: in the industrialized world my educated guess is
(membership in professional societies plus 50% active non members) that
there are are 200 per million of population.

Who is included in the profession: definitions vary, but why no adopt
the STC charter, it is rather wide - writers, translators, editors,
indexers, graphic artists and more related stuff.

How to define a tech writer: the subject has been up many times, again
views vary as a function of ego - I would suggest that if anyone claims
to be a writer, let him be, God has punished him already.

FWIW just an attempt to confuse this issue, because of friday.