Three important Tech Comm questions

Subject: Three important Tech Comm questions
From: Gina Hertel <Ghertel -at- ALPHA88 -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 13:58:21 -0500

Three questions...
1.) Does anyone know how many technical communicators exist worldwide?
2.) What professionals (TWs, Technical Illustrators, etc.) would you
say are included in the field of technical communication?
3.) If you had to "define" the field of technical communication, how
would you define it?

I am putting together a description of the field for my company. I
don't want anyone thinking we are secrataries and I need statistics and
specifics to educate the populus.
Thanks,
Gina Hertel
Manager, Technical Communications