JAD and the TW

Subject: JAD and the TW
From: Matt Danda <mdanda2 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 07:30:24 -0800

Hello All:

Lately I've learned of a new specialty for technical writing: Joint
Application Development (JAD).

Does anyone have any experience with this? My current employer seems
to use it a lot for writing requirements and analyzing business
processes, and they are hiring some high-dollar JAD facilitators who
also consider themselves technical writers.

I am wondering if this is a field worth investigating? I have thus far
been focusing my career on documentation in software development,
because of the superior job security and compensation, and now I'm
curious if becoming a TW/JAD Facilitator would offer
better/worse/similar rewards.

Thanks!

Matt Danda
Technical Writer Contracting for the Mouse
Orlando, FL
email: mdanda -at- yahoo -dot- com