Re: Demo It -- reactions?

Subject: Re: Demo It -- reactions?
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:14:48 -0800

Aaaugh! I hated, no, despised, this product. It so totally sucked. I
wanted to create a single "table of contents" demo that would allow the
user to select the demos that they wanted to go through. Well, at the end
of each demo, there's this stupid, ugly, big splash screen that flashes
for a full two seconds telling the user that Demo It! was used to create
the demo. No way to supress this splash screen, that they would tell me.
It also couldn't be compiled into an .exe, instead requiring that the
user type in "mplayer.exe -<filename>" at the command line, which was more
than I wanted to ask of my user.

Their support staff was surly on both occassions that I called them
(though it might have been because I was asking them for ways around that
stupid splash screen). Doesn't really excuse them, though.

Actually, if you're going for cheap, I found Gold Disk's Astound ($79 or
$99, I think) a better tool.

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com