Question: Baan DEM

Subject: Question: Baan DEM
From: Chris Wilcox <Clwilcox -at- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 13:31:11 -0700

Our company is implementing the Baan Enterprise Resource Planning
package. One of the responsibilities of the Tech Comm group is to
figure out how to integrate our existing MS Word based documentation
into Baan's Dynamic Enterprise Modeler (the DEM, as it's called). Baan
has a rather weak text editor that can be used to attach help and text
instructions to specific functions, but we were also assured that we
could attach Word documents, although the instructions for doing so seem
to be locked in a vault in Holland.

The DEM class description has vague but enticing references to
"Administrative Organization" documents, but little to back it up. We
have no information from Baan regarding the integration of existing
enterprise documents within DEM. We're at a critical point because we
are also in the process of redefining our documentation system, and if
we cannot proceed with Word, we need to take the appropriate actions
now.

Has anyone out there had any experience with this package? We're at a
point where we need to make some decisions on how to proceed, but have
very little to go on.

Please reply off list.

Thanks,
Chris Wilcox
clwilcox -at- micron -dot- com
*Usual disclaimers--all opinions expressed herein are my own and not
necessarily the views of MCMS or Micron.