Word97 SR-1 Patch Installed Correctly?

Subject: Word97 SR-1 Patch Installed Correctly?
From: Dave Koch <Dave_Koch -at- DATACARD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 09:46:08 -0600

Hi All,

Many, many thanks to all of you who responded to my "upgrade from
Word95 to Word97?" posting. Most of your responses were in favor of
upgrading.

I have Small Business Edition Office 97 bundled on a new Dell PC.
Everyone I communicated with (a couple dozen) about Word 97, including
about 7 support folks from Dell, said I need the SR-1 patch. So, last
night I downloaded the SR-1 patch (sr1off97.exe) from MS, saved it to
hard disk, double clicked on sr1off97.exe, it started to execute, and
then a dialog with two horizontal window panes came up.

The top pane listed three items that SR-1 had determined that need the
patch: EXCEL, OUTLOOK, and Support Files. The bottom pane listed the
item that SR-1 had determined to NOT need the patch (you guessed it):
WORD. Is this a common occurrence? I continued on, ran the patch, and
it told me it was "successful".

Was the patch installed? Is there a way to know if the patch
installed properly and updated the appropriate items in Word 97? What
was fixed or changed, and how do I know if anything actually happened
(besides me spending a heck of a lot of time on this)? Was it
operator error on my part? What actually happened?

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much
for your time.

Dave