Word master document question

Subject: Word master document question
From: Dianne Walsh <Dianne -dot- Walsh -at- MEDECISION -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:58:52 -0500

Okay, don't hit me--I know Word's master document feature is a touchy
subject, but one of the programmers in my office is having a problem
for which I can't find an explanation. He claims that master document
is not saving his document format. He says that he opens the master
document, changes his format, saves it, and the next time he opens it
all of his formatting is gone.

Because of the past performance of master document, I don't bother
with it, so I wasn't much help. AmiPro, which in all other respects I
dislike, had a great MD feature and I'm hoping someday Microsoft will
take a look at it and build a similar one for Word.

TIA,

Dianne Walsh
Documentation Manager
MEDecision Inc.