New Frontiers in Indexing

Subject: New Frontiers in Indexing
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 08:51:15 -0500

All -- Conference brochures and registration forms are going out this week
for the 1998 ASI Annual Conference scheduled for May 13-16 at Cavanaugh's
Inn in Seattle. The theme of this year's conference is New Frontiers in
Indexing.

The Indexing and Abstracting Society of Canada (IASC) is joining us in
celebrating the American Society of Indexers' 30th Anniversary, and IASC
will handle mailing to all of their Canadian members in the very near
future.

If you are a member of ASI or if you have previously requested conference
information, you should receive a brochure by next week; if you haven't
received it by the end of next week, please let me know.

If you are not a member of ASI or IASC but would like to receive a
conference brochure and registration form, please e-mail me privately.
(Please do not reply to INDEX-L.)

BTW, the ASI Web site (http://www.well.com/user/asi) will soon have the
latest & greatest info on the 1998 ASI/IASC Annual Conference ... so stay
tuned! :-)

Looking forward to seeing you in Seattle! .... Lori
Lori Lathrop ---------->INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
Vice President/President-Elect, American Society of Indexers
Lathrop Media Services, 7308-C East Independence Blvd., #316
Charlotte, NC 28227 / Phone: 704-531-0021
URL - http://idt.net/~lathro19 (note: that's a "nineteen" at the end)