Re: Capture screens (fwd)

Subject: Re: Capture screens (fwd)
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 22:52:55 -0500

Robert...thanks for the suggestion.

I think I have a process that will work for me.

Right now, this billing processes is spread among 4 different NT machines
(machine dialing into bank, machine running Oracle, machine running Access,
etc.) Depending on which step I'm documenting, we go to that machine.

I'll be making a directory on each machine that is part of the process and give
the directory a unique name. As the processes is run, I'll be using NT's
Alt-PrintScreen and the Clipboard Viewer to save the images for that machine in
that specific directory. Then after the complete process is run, I'll go to
each machine and "harvest" the images, moving them to separate directories on
my machine with similar corresponding names. As I document the part of the
process that happens on that machine, I'll go into that directory, crop/edit
the images as needed, and place them in the document.

...or at least that's the plan

John

-------

--
John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global Network

HEY! Are you coming to the NJ TechWriter lunch? So far, about 10 of us are.
Ask me about it.