Capture screens (fwd)

Subject: Capture screens (fwd)
From: "Robert E. Garland" <robert -at- JTAN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 22:15:38 -0500

Forwarded message:

> From: John Posada <posada -at- FAXSAV -dot- COM>
> Subject: Capture screens

> I guess that I could use Window's screen capture ALT-PrintScreen =
> (BTW...does it write to disk each time, where does it place the screen =
> capture files on the hard disk and can I invoke this command repeatedly =
> without having to empty a buffer?), but I'd like to be able to go to a =
> machine, access the A drive, load it into memory, and capture screens =
> and messages during the processes. I can always edit and crop later.

John:

I'm currently using a wierd DOD system that is under development. I use
the MS-Windows Alt-PrintScreen feature and MS-Word to capture and print
screens so I can show the System Administrator what the error messages
were without the need to write them out.

I Alt-Printscreen when what I need is on the screen, then click on the
status bar button to go to Word, then Paste. Add a couple of spaces or
a page break, save all, then click back to my development application.

This saves on the hard drive, but I could easily save to a floppy.

If you want the ability to capture only a window, or only a part of the
screen, I know of some shareware that does that, but I think it needs to
be installed on the hard drive.

--
Training/Tech Writing job leads in the Northern Suburbs welcome!
Robert Garland Amateur Radio Station NX3S