Re: TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY

Subject: Re: TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY
From: "hope.d.cascio" <hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 08:36:48 -0600

Would I be a technical writer if I didn't get to play with all these neat toys
while I'm at it? Yeah, I think so. In high school (1990), I was on the
newspaper staff, and we did all our layout on boards with T-squares, blue
pencil, and rubber cement. Later, I helped an agricultural researcher put
together a couple journal articles, and the kicker came when I started selling
home electronics... stereo equipment, VCRs, that kind of thing. I wanted to
write those manuals! Now I document software. I like playing with all those
cool toys... that's what the electronics were for me... but how I compose isn't
the biggest issue for me.