Re: Project Planning & Contractors/Consultants

Subject: Re: Project Planning & Contractors/Consultants
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 14:55:05 -0800

Anthony Markatos wrote:

> Do TW contractors and consultants do project management tasks such as:
> end user analysis, determining project scope, and estimating? Do TW
> contractors and consultants create significant amounts of content?

We do a *tremendous* amount of project management and planning for our
clients. More and more we're being involved in the audience analysis
and scope end of things, and we *always* put estimates in our bids. We
recognize that the "prophet is without honor in his own home" phenomenon
tends to hobble writers in large organizations, which is why we put on
our 'highly-paid-consultant' hat when we go talk to big departments.
Smaller companies tend to be very, very grateful when they find our
project planning and management is part of the package.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems