Re: Info Overload

Subject: Re: Info Overload
From: "Jessica N. Lange" <jlange -at- OHIOEE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:39:59 -0500

Hello, Sue

I had same problem. Plus, there are threads I'm not interested in, and the
digest makes it harder to skip. My solution: 1. stop using digest, and 2.
use Outlook Express (comes free with IE4).

Reasons to use Outlook Express (or other sophisticated email utility):
1. filters - every post from TechWr-L goes into its own folder. (also
the winhlp-L posts, and others)
2. ability to group by subject, so posts on same thread are easy to
identify and read/not read.
3. preview pane. Although I don't use it, others may. Being able to read
the first few lines of a post lets you know pretty quickly whether you want
to read the rest of it or not.
4. folder organization. Posts I want to keep get dragged into various
other folders, for example, I save every *solution* for HTML Help that I
find: it's faster than searching the web Archive.

HTH

Jessica N. Lange
Technical Communicator
Ohio Electronic Engravers, Inc.