Re: Info Overload

Subject: Re: Info Overload
From: Barry House <bhouse -at- CREATIVE-HOUSE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 09:05:16 -0600

Sue Krol wrote:
>I get the "digest" version of this subscriber list--because I previously
>missed more important e-mail that seemed to get buried in the tons of
>individual mail from this list--<italic>but the digest is so huge it's
>hard to...uh...digest!</italic> Scrolling through these huge mailings to
>find subjects listed on page one is pretty inefficient. Printing the
>digest wastes way too much paper. Having digest subjects linked to the
>topics could help someday, but does anyone have any suggestions for
>handling this enormous amount of often-useful info until a better way of
>presenting it evolves?

I'm with you, Sue, wading through the digest version of a high-traffic list
like this one is incredibly inefficient.

I handle the load by using the filter capability of Eudora Light, which is
the freeware version of Eudora Pro. The filter simply transfers to one
folder any message with 'techwr-l' in the header--I read the messages when
I can. If the subject line doesn't grab me, or if I've seen the beginning
of a thread and have no interest in that topic, I delete the message.

If your email reader can filter messages, try it!

Barry House
The Creative House--Helping Businesses Communicate
P.O. Box 523
Pittsfield, IL 62363
217-285-2900
217-285-2950 Fax