man pages

Subject: man pages
From: Bernice Kieffer <bernice_kieffer -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:00:58 PST

Hi John:

The best and easiest way to create a man page is to convert the Frame file to
acscii using something like FM2A. Once you have the ascii file, all you have to
do isplace it in the following directory structure:

man1/filename.1

The UNIX filter looks for the man1 directory then for the filename.1 file and
prints the information on screen.

If you do not have FM2A, you can create the page in any pure ascii text editor.
You really don't need vi. I use the openwin text editor when I don't have an
existing Frame file. Its nicer to do it in Frame however because it is easier
to format that way and FM2A can be configured to keep your formating.

Hope this helps.
Bernice Kieffer