Re: man Pages

Subject: Re: man Pages
From: Christopher Carmichael <chrisc -at- SYNERGYMICRO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 13:57:52 -0800

>Hey, guys...
>
>The time has come for me to figure out how to create set of UNIX man =
>pages.
>
>Unfortunately, I don't know where to even start.

I did man pages for UNIX: I wrote them in MS Word on the PC platform --
saved them to .txt. I then filtered them to from DOS to UNIX.

I checked the files via XEDIT -- VI is fine too -- to make sure the
translation was ok. Your UNIX guru *should* know that ASCII/text files
need to run through a filter for proper used [on both sides of the
platform].

My main thought in the exercise was to keep the files in a format where I
could edit/spell check easy.

You should check with the UNIX guru for name specifications of your files.
The program will "look" for the file in a specific location.

[I used "Exodus" as my UNIX gateway.]

However, you can ftp the files in and do the same.

It was easier than using VI and hoping the spelling gawds were nice.

Hope this helps, Go Broncos

Chris

| Chris Carmichael Half the people you know are below average. |
| Synergy Microsystems, Inc. 99-percent of lawyers give |
| San Diego, California, EEUU the rest a bad name. |