Re: Font Peeves

Subject: Re: Font Peeves
From: Wendy Phillips <wendy -at- SYNERGEX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 11:48:16 -0800

Fonts have personality. Pick one that matches the professional persona
of your work.
One caveat, though. For long pieces of text, just be sure the font you
use is "clean" and easy to read. (By that I mean it doesn't have lots of
curly-qs and overblown serifs.)
If you're interested in looking at new fonts, the cheapest way to peruse
samples (actually, this is usually free) is to look at samples in
something like the Adobe Type Catalog or catalogs from other type
vendors. Also, with specialized font set software, you can create your
own.
HTH