Re: STC Job listings -Reply

Subject: Re: STC Job listings -Reply
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 21:28:19 -0500

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- CYBERPASS -dot- NET> wrote:

>Most organizations try to protect their own well being.
>
>To the best of my understanding -- I do not speak for STC -- >the organization's charter is to advance technical >communication. It does not favor members over non-members, nor >does it take sides between workers and their employers/clients.

All this is true. But it's also beside the point. Obviously, an
organization tries to preserve its own existence.

My objection is when that goal becomes more important than the people in
the organization. In my case, when simple fairness and a little decency
could have avoided problems for everyone, the STC - at all levels -
chose to respond as a bureaucracy.

And, should anyone suggest that I'm naively idealistic to think that
things should be otherwise, all I can say is that I'd rather be naive -
and alone - than acquiesce to such behavior.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189 or 687-2133 X. 269

"Rain and hard religion, gifts of a northern youth
We make a mess of tenderness, we make you have the truth,
There are days when we're almost human, times when it's shout or bust,
The roughest kind of harmony, we sing because we must."
--Oyster Band